- The entry has aired, launched or been released to the public for the first time between 1 March 2018 and 30 April 2019 (If only part of the campaign falls into this window, see Part A of the Rules for more information).
- The entry has been created within the context of a normal paying contract and genuine brief from a client OR, if it’s a case of self-promotion or a non-profit organisation, the client has approved all of the media/production/implementation.
- You have permission to enter this entry from the commissioning client/brand-owning company. We may request proof of this permission directly with the brand/client.
- You have included the brand/client contact details in the entry including name, position and full contact details.
- The entry has been submitted exactly as published/aired/released.
- The entry is not speculative or conceptual advertising, and has not been banned or withdrawn from airing.
- A senior officer (CD, CEO or Chairman) from your company has given permission for this entry to be entered.
- The entry was not entered to the same Lion last year. (You may be able to enter the entry into an alternative Lion, provided it meets the relevant eligibility requirements, including the eligibility period requirements).
- There is no reference to your agency or any contributing creative companies in any digital or physical materials (except in the case of self-promotion) and all supporting case films and materials are correct and final versions. (These cannot be changed later).
- The entry, and/or case film can be understood in English. (For further information click here.)
- You understand that, if you withdraw your entry after 22 March 2019 you will not receive a refund. Please see Part A of the Rules for more information on cancellations, refunds and withdrawals.
- If new results are collected after the entry has been paid for, we will only accept additional written information in the results section of the entry form before 1 May 2019.
- All media included in your entry must be the final version at the point that you complete and pay for them. No replacement or additional media can be accepted after an entry has been finalised and received by the Festival without exception.
- You have entered the entry into no more than six Lions, excluding Titanium Lion.
If you’re unable to meet all the requirements on this list, your entry may be ineligible for the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity 2019. Failure to meet all these requirements could see your entry being disqualified or withdrawn without a refund.
Is your work eligible for the Festival?
To ensure that work judged at the Festival is fresh and reflective of the good ideas that drive the industry forward it is important we structure the competition with eligibility dates.
To be eligible your entry must have aired, launched or been released to the public for the first time between 1 March 2018 and 30 April 2019 (the “eligibility period”) or
- if a campaign began before the eligibility period (before 1 March 2018), a minimum of two thirds of the campaign implementation must fall within the eligibility period;
- if you are entering a campaign that has run over two or more years, you will need to provide proof of the campaign’s evolution from year to year (we have the right to decide if the entry has evolved sufficiently and can be deemed as a new, eligible entry);
- if you are entering a ‘Campaign of Executions’ (e.g. for Print & Publishing, Outdoor, Film, Film Craft, Industry Craft, and Radio & Audio entries), the whole campaign must fall within the eligibility period; and
- If you are showcasing a continuation of a campaign that aired before the eligibility period then you must clearly show how the campaign has progressed (we have the right to decide if the entry has progressed sufficiently and can be deemed as a new, eligible entry).
Eligibility for Creative Effectiveness
To be eligible your work must have won or been shortlisted at the Festival in 2016, 2017 or 2018.
Note: The same piece of work cannot be submitted into the same Lion in consecutive years. However, providing the eligibility dates are met, you may enter the work into an alternative Lion.